Who needs a HIPAA Compliant Business VoIP Phone System?
Does your business handle patient data, or have to operate under HIPAA guidelines? You need a HIPAA Compliant Business VoIP Phone System. Our VoIP phone systems along with its many features is HIPAA compliant.
Our HIPAA Compliant Business VoIP Phone System is suitable for any business that handle patient or healthcare data. From dental and doctors’ office to laboratories, we have you covered. We ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patient health information (PHI) transmitted, received, and stored through your platform.
What is HIPAA?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) protects patient confidentiality while furthering innovation and patient care. Business Associates MUST be HIPAA compliant.
Business Associates have a direct liability by function and are directly liable for violations. This is why covered entities must have BAAs (Business Associate Agreements) and conduct technical due diligence.
Note: Due to HIPAA confidentiality restrictions, SMS/MMS is not supported on HIPAA-enabled Domains. All HIPAA-enabled domains will be subject to the following SMS/MMS limitations:
- The ReachUC Settings page within DID Portal will not show SMS Settings (Inbound SMS, Outbound SMS, Inbound MMS, and Outbound MMS)
- MessageHub will not process any inbound or outbound SMS/MMS
- The ReachUC Mobile app will not show any option to send SMS/MMS
We are using state of the art multi-factor user authentication tools with built in access control and audit logs to secure data. We granularly limit access to only authorized employees. Each user will have dedicated access to their phone lines and our fax portal.
Encryption plays a very important role in HIPAA. We ensure data is encrypted throughout its lifecycle, we encrypt during transmission and at rest. We use DoD NIST 800 recommendations for our VoIP security standards.
The Seven Fundamental Elements of an Effective Compliance Program
Compliance according to HHS (Health and Human Services):
- Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Designating a compliance officer and compliance committee.
- Conducting effective training and education.
- Developing effective lines of communication.
- Conducting internal monitoring and auditing.
- Enforcing standards through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines.
- Responding promptly to detected offenses and undertaking corrective action.
Fill out this FORM to learn more on how our Compliancy Group can assist you in being HIPAA compliant.